Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I Believe I Can Fly...with SIA!

I failed my first SIA attempt. =( It's not the end of the world! I've come up with several possibilities of why I didn't get thru...
1) I was the shortest among the 10 people
2) I didn't state my height and weight on the application form
3) I spoke too much
4) I looked too corporate
5) They had a problem with my teeth (I have a problem with them too! Haha)

But I do want to get porcelein veneers for 4 of my teeth. They are too small so it makes my teeth look jagged. I don't need braces tho! If others can wear braces, I don't see how veneers would be seen as 'ai sui' or fake. Cosmetic surgery is fine if it gives back one's confidence! Having such an imperfect set of teeth has definitely stripped me of much confidence! =/

Anyhow, I don't even know if I can pass the skincheck round! I need ample sleep and facials? before I try again! hehe. My complexes aside, I always believe that everything will happen in God's timing and by His grace! Maybe He wants to prepare me more internally, to strengthen my innerman before I take on giants when I'm without family and friends by my side. Like someone said, when God doesn't allow something good to happen, He's just accumulating ur faith so he can surprise u with something greater later on! Also, thru reading His word and the past weekend, I'm reminded to let go, and let God.

Not sure when the next recruitment will be but I'm guessing it'll be in May or June. After my last day of sch (which is in 50 days time, YAHOOOOOOO!), it'll will be a time of resting, exercising, hopefully a trip to BKK w my sis to fix our teeth, church camp, learning how to cook, going to the aquarium and waterpark at USS w Jo and sec sch friends, spending time with God like I've nv had before, and basically resuming a healthy lifestyle (Not that I actually had one to begin with). But I'm gonna be indebted to mommy till I find a job or get into SIA cuz I gots camp fees and dental fees to pay! *Sigh* If I do not get into SIA on my 2nd attempt, I may find a temp job at MBS or volunteer at one of the nature reserves! Just don't wanna bum around.

I'm so eager to join SIA (and not those short stint kind) cuz I am genuinely interested in serving people, exchanging cultures and polishing personal competencies which are relevant lifeskills as well! Also, I may miss impt dates here and there but I will not have to bring any work and worries back home! In future, I'm considering joining SIA as a groundstaff or CAG, where I interned. Who knows what the future holds? :)

So many things to look forward to...how not to feel excited??!?
*flashes my not-yet-pretty teeth*

No comments:

Post a Comment